Last updated: 2 November 2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service. They outline the rules and regulations for the use of GovPay’s website located at https://pay.gov.vc
The use of the website will automatically constitute your agreement to be legally bound by the Terms and Conditions which are set therein. By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, kindly discontinue use of this site.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Country refers to St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Government refers to the Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- GovPay (referred to as “We”, “Us” or “Our”) refers to the payment gateway of the Government.
- Device means any equipment that can access the service such as a computer, laptop, cell-phone or tablet.
- Personal Information refers to all data and/or information provided by, and about the user, including name, email address, credit/debit card details, and telephone number
- Service or Services refer to the products/services which can be accessed by the User from Government departments and paid for via GovPay
- Terms and Conditions (also referred to as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Government regarding the use of GovPay.
- Third party or parties refer to partners and/or affiliate vendors linked to, working on behalf of or providing services to GovPay
- Website refers to the GovPay site, accessible at https://pay.gov.vc
- You (referred to as the “User or “Users”) mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the Service, and the Agreement that operates between You and the Government. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all Users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to, and use of the Service, is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions, which apply to all Users who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
You represent that:
- You are over the age of eighteen (18). If you are under 18 You are not permitted to use the Service.
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online Payment Terms and will meet your obligations in relation to these Terms.
- The credit/debit card used in connection with the Service is issued in your name or that you are authorized to use the credit/debit card.
- You will pay the card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the Service.
- The information supplied by You is true and correct.
Payment can be made by any of the options advised on the Website, and it shall be due before delivery of the product/service.
GovPay accepts the following cards:
To pay for Services, You will be redirected to GovPay to enter your card details. Credit/Debit card payments are carried out in strict accordance with the requirements of Visa and MasterCard payment systems, which follow the information security standard – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard PCI DSS – that is used to ensure safe processing of card details.
When You complete the online payment, funds will be deducted from your credit/debit card in Eastern Caribbean (XCD) currency. All payments are processed by the authorized Third party (Bank of SVG through the Caribbean Credit Card Corporation [4Cs] Ltd) will be credited to the Government. Due to the manner in which transactions are processed). Your payment is secured. GovPay does not store in any way your credit/debit card details.
Our secure communication encrypts all of your payment card details. Your browser will confirm that you are using a secure environment by showing a locked padlock in the Website link.
To ensure that your credit/debit card is correct and is not being used without your consent, we will validate your name and address and the other personal information supplied by You during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. In this case, your personal information may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency to perform such checks.
You should be aware that online payment transactions are subject to validation checks by your card issuer, and GovPay is not responsible if your card issuer declined to authorize payment for any reason. Also, GovPay is not responsible for any charge such as a handling or processing fee which your card issuer may charge.
Payments through GovPay are executed individually/one by one. The requested Service and the equivalent amount to be paid cannot be changed on this site. Should you require any change to the details of the transaction captured on this page, please return to the department page where the transaction was initiated .
CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT
- If your payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation notice of your completed payment from the authority that provided the specific service, which will be sent to the email you provided.
- If your payment is unsuccessful, you will be advised that your payment has failed. If this occurs, contact your card provider for details.
CANCELLATION RIGHTS AND REFUND
If you are eligible for a refund, please review the Refunds Policy available here.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
GovPay does not promise that the site or any content, service or feature of the site will be error- free or uninterrupted, or that any defects will be corrected, or that your use of the site will provide specific results. The site and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. All information provided on the site is subject to change without notice.
Subject to applicable law, GovPay or its employees will not be liable to You for any direct or indirect loss of funds arising out of, or in connection with, your use of, or inability to use GovPay , or the content or materials contained in or accessed through GovPay, or any loss resulting from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from acts of God, communications failures, or unauthorized access to your card information. You acknowledge that the use of GovPay is at your own risk. The risk of loss is passed on to You when on submission of your payment.
By using GovPay, You agree to the applicable law(s) of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines which governs these Terms and Conditions.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
By using GovPay You accept and consent to your personal data being provided to the Service Provider for the sole purpose of offering and administering the online payment. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact support by email at email@example.com.